How to Grow Ruderalis Autoflower Cannabis Seeds Guide
Welcome everyone to this new manual of our blog about How to grow Autoflowering Cannabis seeds! After seeing the top 10 Cannabis terpenes, buckle up for this new guide from the Annibale Seedshop!
Introduction to the Ruderalis Autoflower Cannabis grow guide
Autoflowering cannabis seeds are gaining more and more popularity in cannabis cultivation. In this article, we’ll explore why these seeds are so popular over photoperiod strains, the main differences between autoflower seeds and photoperiod seeds, and provide helpful tips on growing autoflower seeds indoors, outdoors, and in greenhouses.
In addition, we will present the five most popular autoflowering cannabis strains with descriptions on growing information, CBD to THC ratio, flavor and aroma, as well as effects.
Automatic Marijuana Seeds Overview:
Autoflowering cannabis seeds are the result of genetic crossings that combine the characteristics of ruderalis strains with those of photoperiod strains. Unlike photoperiod seeds, autoflower seeds flower automatically based on the age of the plant rather than the light cycle.
Popularity of Ruderalis Autoflower Seeds:
Autoflower seeds are extremely popular with cannabis growers for several reasons. First, their autoflowering trait allows for easier and more cost-effective cultivation, eliminating the need to strictly control light cycles. Also, autoflowering plants have a shorter life cycle and produce faster harvests than photoperiod strains.
Main Differences Between Ruderalis Autoflowering vs Photoperiod Seeds:
The main differences between autoflowering and photoperiod seeds include:
- Life Cycle: Autoflowering seeds complete their life cycle in a shorter period of time than photoperiod seeds.
- Yield: Autoflowering plants tend to have lower yields than photoperiod strains, but their growth speed makes up for this difference.
- Resistance: Autoflowering plants often have greater resistance to adverse conditions such as cold, mold and disease.
- Lighting Flexibility: Autoflowering plants can tolerate a wide range of lighting conditions and do not require precise control of light cycles.
Ruderalis Autoflowering Seeds Grow Guide:
The cultivation of autoflowering seeds can take place indoors, outdoors or in a greenhouse. Here are some key points for each environment:
- Indoor Cultivation: For indoor cultivation, it is necessary to provide adequate lighting, ventilation and control of environmental conditions such as temperature and humidity.
- Outdoor Cultivation: Outdoor cultivation offers natural conditions, but it is important to choose an autoflowering variety suitable for the local climate and plan the planting time appropriately.
- Greenhouse Cultivation: Greenhouse cultivation offers a controlled environment with the addition of natural light. It is important to maintain ventilation and control the environmental conditions inside the greenhouse.
Ruderalis Autoflowering Cannabis Grow Guide
Growing autoflowering cannabis seeds offers a convenient and easy way to achieve high-quality, fast harvests. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of growing autoflowering cannabis seeds step-by-step, from seedlings to harvesting.
By following these 10 tips, you will be able to grow your autoflowering plants successfully and enjoy the results.
- Selecting Autoflowering Seeds: The crucial first step is selecting high quality autoflowering cannabis seeds. Look for a reputable producer and choose strains that match your preferences in aroma, effect, and cannabinoid levels. Take into account factors such as life cycle, yield and plant size to best fit your grow space.
- Soil or Substrate Preparation: Preparing a high quality fertile soil or substrate is critical to the success of autoflowering cultivation. Make sure the soil has good drainage and is enriched with essential nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. If you use a substrate, make sure it is well balanced and suitable for autoflowering plants.
- Seed Germination: To germinate seeds, you can use several methods. A common method is to use damp paper towels or rock wool pads. Put the seeds on the damp napkin or in the disk and put them in a warm and dark place. Regularly check the humidity and humidity of the napkin or pad to ensure optimal germination.
- Transplanting the Seedlings: When the roots of the seedlings reach an adequate size, it’s time to transplant them into the final soil or substrate. Be sure to handle the seedlings carefully to avoid damaging them. Make a hole in the surface of the soil or substrate and gently place the seedling, covering it with soil or substrate. Important note: When germinating autoflowering cannabis seeds, it is best not to change pots. These strains have a shorter life cycle than photoperiod strains, so it is advisable to use a definitive pot with a recommended size for this type of cannabis seed.
- Providing Adequate Lighting: Autoflowering plants require adequate lighting to ensure healthy growth and good flower production. If you grow indoors, you can use full spectrum LED, HPS or CFL lights. Be sure to provide 18-20 hours of light per day during the vegetative growth stage and reduce to 12 hours of light during the flowering stage.
- Climate Management: Climate plays a crucial role in the cultivation of autoflowering plants. Keep the temperature between 20-26°C during the growth phase and reduce the temperature slightly during the flowering phase. Make sure the humidity is kept between 40% and 60% to avoid problems like mold.
- Nutrition and Irrigation: Autoflowering plants require a balanced supply of nutrients for healthy growth. Use a balanced fertilizer specifically formulated for autoflowering cannabis plants. Follow the manufacturer’s recommended doses and closely monitor the pH of the soil or substrate. Watering should be moderate, avoiding both drying out of the soil and excess moisture.
- Pruning, LST, Defoliation: Since autoflowering plants have a short life cycle, pruning and LST training technique may be limited. However, you can do defoliation and minor pruning to promote better air circulation and reduce shading of the lower leaves. The LST technique can be used gently to open plants and promote better light exposure, even with autoflowering plants.
- Pest Monitoring and Control: Monitor your plants closely for any signs of pests or disease. Inspect the leaves, flowers and stems regularly for any signs of infestation. If you notice any pests or diseases, act promptly using organic methods or cannabis-specific products.
- Harvest and Flower Care: Autoflowering plants reach the harvest stage faster than photoperiod strains. Monitor trichomes closely to determine the ideal time to harvest. When the trichomes are mostly dull and amber in color, that’s the best time to harvest the flowers. Hang the plants upside down in a cool, dark area to dry. After drying, you can cure the flowers in airtight containers for a few weeks, ensuring adequate ventilation to obtain a better maturation of cannabinoids and terpenes.
Average yields per square meter and hectare:
Average yields per square meter can vary depending on several factors such as variety, growing conditions, cultivation method and plant care. However, autoflowering plants can generally produce yields of between 300 and 500 grams per square metre.
As for the yields per hectare, they can reach 500 to 1000 kilograms, depending on the circumstances.
Top 5 Most Popular Ruderalis Autoflower Cannabis Strains:
Let’s now look at the five most popular autoflowering cannabis strains, with a brief description of growing information, CBD to THC ratio, flavor and aroma, as well as effects.
Northern Lights Automatic:
- Grow Info: Flowering time around 9-10 weeks, height between 80-120cm.
- CBD to THC ratio: THC level of 8-14%, low CBD content.
- Taste and Aroma: Sweet and earthy aroma with notes of citrus and spices.
- Effects: Relaxing, euphoric and happy effects.
White Widow Automatic:
- Grow Info: Flowering time around 10-12 weeks, height between 50-100cm.
- CBD to THC ratio: THC level of 11-14%, low in CBD.
- Taste and Aroma: Pungent and earthy flavor with notes of citrus and spices.
- Effects: Relaxing, happy and creative effects.
Amnesia Haze Automatic:
- Grow Info: Flowering time around 10-12 weeks, height between 80-100cm.
- CBD to THC ratio: THC level of 15-18%, low CBD content.
- Taste and Aroma: Sweet and citrusy taste with notes of lemon and spices.
- Effects: Euphoric, energizing and creative effects.
- Grow Info: Flowering time around 8-10 weeks, height between 75-150cm.
- CBD to THC ratio: THC level of 14-18%, low in CBD.
- Taste and Aroma: Sweet taste of berries with notes of blueberry and vanilla.
- Effects: Relaxing, happy and calming effects.
- Grow Info: Flowering time around 9-11 weeks, height between 80-100cm.
- CBD to THC ratio: THC level of 14-18%, low in CBD.
- Taste and Aroma: Spicy and earthy flavor with notes of citrus and wood.
- Effects: Euphoric, creative and energizing effects.
Autoflowering cannabis seeds have become extremely popular with growers due to their ease of cultivation, speed of growth, and rapid yields. The main differences between autoflowering and photoperiod seeds are in life cycle, yield and lighting flexibility.
With good planning and care, quality, heavy yields can be achieved. The autoflowering strains mentioned offer a wide range of flavor profiles, effects, and cannabinoid levels. Choose the one that best suits your preferences and enjoy the experience of growing autoflowering cannabis.
And this guide on How to grow Autoflowering Cannabis ends here, hoping to have been of help to you, see you in the next article!
Greetings from the Annibale Seedshop Team!
Davide V, CEO, Founder & Geneticist